Antalya (in Turkish: Antalya) is the name of Antalya Province and one of the important and tourist city in Turkey. The city which is considered as the center of tourism and recreation in Turkey have abundant attraction. Boulevards with palm trees and harbors present themselves in this city. Ichi-Castle area is located at the city and in its old and spectacular region. Specific tissue region, including narrow and convoluted streets with old houses surrounded by old walls does draw attention. In 2010, the population of this city estimates about 1,001,318 persons including 502,491 men and 827,498 women. So far, the original inhabitants of Antalya remains not-specified. Due to historical documents, the name of this city has been taken from Attalos II, King Prmagvn who had been governed on this area, in 150 BC. Excavations in 2008 in the Doğu Garajı determined that in such days, this city was Roman naval base and had powerful fleet. After this excavations, it is clear that the city was exist about 300 BC, more than what was estimated. Antalya became part of the Roman Republic in 133 BC. In that time, to rule over the whole Roman Empire, has lost his life during departure. The city flourished and has been grown in Roman times. Christianity had been spread in the 2st century. Antalya was an important city during the Byzantine Empire. The city and the surrounding region were conquered by the Seljuk Turks in the early 13th century. Antalya was the capital of the Turkish (1321 to 1423). The Arabic traveler Ibn Battuta, who visited the city in 1335-1340, noted:
From Alanya I went to Antaliya, a most beautiful city. It covers an immense area, and though of vast bulk is one of the most attractive towns to be seen anywhere. Each section of the inhabitants lives in a separate quarter. The Christian merchants live in a quarter of the town known as the Mina [the Port], and are surrounded by a wall, the gates of which are shut upon them from without at night and during the Friday service. The Greeks, who were its former inhabitants, live by themselves in another quarter, the Jews in another, and the king and his court and Mamluks in another, each of these quarters being walled off likewise. The rest of the Muslims live in the main city. Round the whole town and all the quarters mentioned there is another great wall. The town contains orchards and produces fine fruits, including an admirable kind of apricot, which has a sweet almond in its kernel. This fruit is dried and exported to Egypt, where it is regarded as a great luxury.
In the second half of the 17th century Evliya Çelebi wrote of a city of narrow streets containing 3,000 houses in 20 Turkish and four Greek neighborhoods. The town had grown beyond the city walls and the port was reported to hold up to 200 boats.
In the 20th century the population of Antalya increased to 25000 persons, as Turks from the Caucasus and the Balkans moved into this city. Christians and Jews live in separate areas of the city around the port.